We at Orca pride ourselves on being a bit different. That applies to our first contest too. Instead of a traditional short story or flash contest, we’re holding our first Orca Cover Letter Contest through August. Send us entries of up to 300 words that make us laugh, or cry, or just want to read the imaginary story it introduces.
And if you like, we’ll provide some feedback on your entry. Just check the box in the submission form.
For some idea of what you might do in your bio, see the book Michael Martone by Michael Martone. A mere five bucks to enter; prizes of $200, $75, and $50.
- Up to 300 words. Can be about the story submitted (real or imaginary), or about the writer, or both.
- Contest will be open May 13 through August 31.
- You may enter as many times as you like, but only one cover letter per entry.
- Entries must be previously unpublished. Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but entries must be withdrawn if accepted elsewhere.
- Entry fee: $5
- First place: $200. Second place: $75. Third place: $50
- Winners will be announced in September. Winners and honorable mentions will be published in Orca’s second issue in October, 2019
- The Orca staff will judge.